My life in my Mind...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Baby inside...

Its like no other feeling you get when your baby moves the first time that you feel it. It doesnt matter if it would be your first child or your 10th its something that only a mother can understand and some men wish they could. Little hands brush against your lower stomach, little feet that kick your bladder, little knees and elbows that move around. In the beginning it all new know matter what time around it is to you. First, you see a little ball and its hard as a rock but you know that there a little heartbeat a little peanut shaped baby just floating around in there. Then it gets bigger and bigger and woman start to have this peace within themselfs a glow. Then you have a ultrasound and your finally able to see the thing that has been making you sick and up in tears at any given point during the day. You see fingers and toes and a face. And if your lucky and you wanna know the sex of your baby. I know that I with both of my babies I had to hold back tears seeing something that my husband and I made that one special night. What seems like only like a few minutes with measuring and looking at you and your baby inside an hour has been up but no matter how bad you have to pee having to get up from that table and walking away from that screen is a weird and a sad feeling, walking into the bathroom and looking in the mirror for the first time after seeing your baby on the screen you touch your stomach and try not to get that picture out of your head. Leaving the doctors office you are just in shock of whats going on, what your body can do. Its seems so real now that you saw with your own to eyes. I know for myself I always wanted to be hooked up to the ultrasound to see whats going on in there. What new things was he or she doing? Was he or she looking like more of a baby then an alien. Once, months has past and you start to get baby things its all coming so real. Your back hurts, you feel like you can always eat, you cry at a drop of a hat at everything anywhere, your husband thinks that the pain your feeling is just you complaning about everything but the pain is real. Your stomach makes shapes now and you as a mother can tell weather its a butt or a head and where the legs and hands are. The kicks start to hurt and your able to see them without having your hand on your stomach. It may be harder to sleep now with the not stop of the baby moving. You cant help but open the first pack of diapers because you wanna see just how small the newborn diapers are. You read the books and look at the websites about what to expect, you even may take the classes but, when you start to feel the contractions or your water breaks theres no turning back. Everything that you read or what your parents taught you doesnt matter its all real now. Now your ready to push and you feel pressure maybe even pain but you just push as hard as you can. As soon as the baby is here your youth and being just a couple has changed now theres babysitters and maybe daycares the question of are you going to work or be a stay at home mom. Is there a wedding to save for or prom things that your son will have to buy? Are you even ready for a baby? Even if it was planned once he or she is here are you really ready? Once the baby is all cleaned off and the nurse asks are you ready to hold your baby it really doesnt click with you that your a mom and your husband is a dad. That things are never going to be the same for you and your husband and for you both as a couple. I dont think that it ever hits a woman really for a first time mom that its yours that this little person belongs to you that this little person you have to take care of. At first I remember it feeling like it I was babysitting that yeah hes my son looked just liked my husband. And I was feeling all the pain and discomfort of having him but it just seemed like there real parents were going to pick him up. I think looking at things like that really messed things up for me. I missed out on so many things being with my son looking at this like that. I look at the pictures and cry now till this day because I remember having those pictures taken but I dont remember feeling this bond that I do now that hes 2 years old. I hope things will be different with this baby I only have 6 more weeks or so to go. I'm really excited it was somthing that my husband and I planned. Hunter our son is going to have a brother we are naming him Mason Lee. I dont think that it has really hit my husband that its real that in 6 weeks theres going to be another mouth to feed, more clothes to buy, 2 am feeding 4 am feeding and diapers to the ceiling. I know guys have to see things to believe it and Im trying to get him excited with signing up for classes and buying baby things but John couldnt get off work and now hes sick I had to cancel appts for the class. I think Im looking forward to see Hunter and Mason playing trucks and cars and taking baths together and even the fights when they get sick of each other. My friend Emily had a baby wow almost 2 months ago and I was really scared to see how Hunter was going to react to a newborn and Hunter was perfect. He gave her kisses and hugs and wanted to hold her and give her a blanket. He liked picking out her nose, ears, eyes, and mouth to me. Hunter likes looking at all the baby things that I have he likes to see Mason's firetruck PJ's and seeing his baby bath tub he gives my stomach kisses and hugs and says nite nite baby Mason when I lay him down for bed. Now, my only fear is that how do you love two kids at the same time the same way? Im so crazy inlove with Hunter and how am I going to love Mason the same way? Yeah, Im crazy inlove with John but in a very different way for the most part but to give birth to someone and love them more then your husband is crazy and how do you do it with two kids? I hope Im not like my parents in the sense that I cant remember there birthdates. I just cant wait to see what this baby looks like! Since, Hunter is my wild child that didnt wanna sleep for me I hope that Mason will be my calm one. Sleeps good, eats well. But, I still want him to be a mama's boy. Hunters a mama's boy he never goes to John which can be a bad thing too. Hunters at my hip at all times. I seem to never get a break not even to take a shower for 20 minutes. I love my family as mush as John drives me crazy and as mush as we fight which is about every 3-4 days. If it wasnt for him I wouldnt have the kids I have now. And just for that I love him more. He says that this is our last kid but I guess we'll have to see...LOL (wink wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home