My life in my Mind...

Friday, November 18, 2005

A Wife and Mother...
I always wanted to be a wife and mother and now that I am I still love it. Everyday I do the samething that I do everyday. Clean, wash clothes, play with Hunter, cook, pay bills, so on and so forth. Somedays are worse then others just like everybody elses. Today, I did a lot more then other days. For some reason I just couldnt fall asleep till real late. I felt John getting up at 5 to 4 this morning and I could tell this was going to be another night he gets home real late and all he wants to do is eat and go to bed. I couldnt fall back to sleep for about 2 hours and I didnt know why. I watched the news and I must have fell back to sleep. I heard Hunter waking about 10:30 this morning by throughing things out of his crib. So, in a daze I woke up and got him. He was just laying there still with his covers still pulled up around him. He looked so cute like every morning I get him. I changed his diaper and got him some breakfast and milk and put on Elmo like every morning. Still in a daze, I washed Johns dishes like I did all week and took care of the garbage around the house. I knew that I had a lot to do since yesterday I was out for most of the day and wasnt able to do anything. I come up stairs to find that John put the toothpaste in the drawer. The poor guy has been working 16 hour days all week. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time because hes been working these hours and he must have been so out of it that he did that. I stood there looking in the mirror shaking my head with this half-cocked smile on my face. I wish that we had the money so I could treat him out to something nice like dinner or buy him something at Guitar Center. I guess I could make him a really nice dinner over the weekend and just remind him that I love him. Hey its better then nothing right? Not be all me, me, me but I've been doing alot more this week and I just hope that John and I dont fight this weekend. We had a fight last weekend so I hope this things will be ok this weekend. But, if we have a fight next weekend it would just mess up Thanksgiving which I'm really excited about. Not about fighting but about Thanksgiving. I really enjoy cooking all the food and watching the football game. I'm preparing more this year then any other year John and I have been together. Thinking back to the years of Thanksgiving every year we have been together. The first year I grilled steak! I made mashed potatos, stuffing, corn, rolls, and gravy. It was kinda nice. It was the first year that we were married and we didnt have a whole lot of money. The 2nd year is all a blur. I think I got ham and turkey from Honeybaked Ham and John and I got pretty wasted off wine and wine coolers and we didnt eat till like 8 or 9 at night. John fell asleep at the table he was so wasted. It was funny. I guess after watching football, and hours of A Christmas Story can get to you. I walked to him bed and stripped him down to boxers and kissed him goodnight and cleaned up the house and went to bed myself. Hunter was little and was going to bed around 6 or 7 at night. Last year was different, John was in Iraq and Hunter was still eating baby food I got a bottle of wine and got ham from Honeybaked Ham I made corn, mashed potatos, stuffing and I lit some candles and enjoyed myself the best that I could eating alone. I was thinking about John the whole day he had called me that morning but it wasnt the same. He told me that they fed him really good and that it was the best meal that he had there but it couldnt compare to home-cooking. I was remember that I was thankful that he was safe for the most part and that he was doing something that was helping the country. Yeah, I hate this war but, I'm still very proud of him and everything that hes doing out there. Then theres this year. A story that isnt told yet. I know that I have a huge sweet potato calling Johns name and I have ham and turkey from Honeybaked Ham, theres a pumpkin pie in the freezer for John with ice cream. Then I just need John to buy a case of beer for himself just a little 6 pack ok maybe a 12 pack depending on how I feel. I really wish I could drink a wine cooler it would be really nice but, maybe around Christmas time. Only if this little child is out and if the doctor says its ok. Well, my other little stinker is up from his nap on my bed. So, now I have to take care of him and fold clothes that has piled up on my bed. Johns going to be home in a few hours and I'm making pork chops and maybe mashed potatos and corn. Yummy! So, this is were I stop having time for myself and be the person that John has made me. A wife and a mother. A job that I enjoy for the most part. Have a nice day everyone. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger hkghkghk said…

    I sure wish you the best of luck. Take care of yourself and your kids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home